Tuesday, December 14, 2010

This new Doctor then? What's he like?



We're taking another trip to the Department of Backstory today. In a time machine. Way back to when Matt Smith was first announced as the Eleventh Doctor. And to celebrate the occasion I'd like to present a conversation with myself. 


Former me- I don't like him.
Present me-That's a perfectly natural reaction to have. But you will like him. Really.
Former me- I don't believe you.
Present me-I'm you in the future. I think maybe you should take my word as gospel. 
Former me- But he's so YOUNG!
Present me- And that means he falls within the 'eligible to be married' bell-curve. And admit it, it was always kind of weird that David Tennant and your English teacher were the same age.
Former me- Well...yeah. But I'm not going to marry him am I? He isn't David Tennant!
Present me-He also isn't 40.
Former me- But his HAIR! What is with his hair?! Its all over his face and *makes violent hand gesture to represent all the hair.*
Present me- That hair kind of...*sigh.* I love the hair. And if you recall you also used to love that sort of hair before Tennant came along and messed with your brain. Ok, so in THIS video he is in serious need of a haircut but trust me, the BBC will get on that. 
Former me- He's not Scottish.
Present me-Fair point. But the accent isn't half bad. PLUS there will be added Scottish. 
Former me- Really?
Present me- Indeed. His companion is going to be Scottish and she actually uses the accent on screen which Tennant didn't for reasons unknown.  
Former me- But...but...David Tennant. WAH!
Present me- I know, really I know. And the pain is going to get worse before it gets better. It's going to be pretty bad for a while yet. And there's going to be an afternoon when you're in a funny little flat in Barcelona (the city) with wisdom teeth growing all over the place. And on the other side of the English Channel the 10th Doctor will be dying on BBC1. That's not going to be a good day. But Matt Smith will bring good days. Fish custard and Amy and Rory and bow-ties and fezs and all kinds of wonderful. 
Former me- There's a point- Matt Smith? What kind of name is that?
Present me- One which is easy to spell. Besides its all worth it for the glorious word play which is "Smithmas." 
Former me-Ok... 
Present me-And there's more Moffat than you can possibly imagine. Truck loads of the stuff.
Former me- Yeah, I am kind of looking forward to that. So this new Doctor then? What's he like? 
Present me-After watching the first episode (which is quite amazing, look forward to that) there was only one thing running through me mind.
Former me-What was that? 
Present me-"He's just so DOCTOR."

Smithmas is coming people. Get excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment